Monday, November 12, 2012

4 Years

Dear Lady,

It's now been 4 years since you passed away. There are longer gaps between posts here but I still think of you often, and talk about you too. I was just mentioning today how I still can't bring your ashes or snippet of fur home because seeing them will remind me of you and make me sad. It's bad enough when I accidentally run across your pics on Facebook or think about you at night. Maybe I'm almost ready to bring home your ashes.. but right now afaik they are still sitting on my dad's desk.

Was just thinking last night of you galloping across the deck, chasing me, your nails clacking noisily, all excited. And whenever summer turns to fall and it gets cold and rainy I think of you. I often think of you together as a group of all the people / animals I loved and who loved me unconditionally, who have passed on. I hope if there is an afterlife you are having fun hanging out with Uncle Tony and Grandma Watson. And if Roberto's dad likes dogs too, maybe he's taking you on a bike ride.

Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home